Why Genesis Pool?
What is the state of the launchpad sector, and what are the challenges that need fixing?
The average retail investor has traditionally been unable to buy into projects at a very early stage. Launchpads, where retail investors can participate in Initial DEX Offerings (IDOs), have become increasingly popular over the last few years. Recently we have seen a never-ending supply of new projects on the market. Launchpads have been popping up everywhere, cashing in on the investment wave.
Launchpads have become an integral part of every network's ecosystem. Binance has ten launchpads and counting, and the Cardano network already has three. In total, there are more than 70 launchpads in the cryptosphere. Nearly all of these seventy launchpads offer a similar model. Retail investors buy a set number of native tokens to qualify for one of the launchpad's investment tiers. The number of tokens purchased determines the allocation at the time of an IDO. The more tokens you own, the higher your pre-sale allocation. The native launchpad tokens are locked up for long periods, with no rewards, as a condition of being eligible for a place on the allowlist.
The hype around launchpads has seen many native tokens rise in price, costing around $5,000 to qualify for the lowest investment tier. Even with a hefty $5,000 investment you can find, you still don't qualify for a guaranteed allocation. One reason many major launchpads can't offer their members a decent distribution of tokens is that they join projects late. Launchpads accept a token percentage of about 1% of the total tokens minted for their community. Small allocations of pre-sale tokens result in complicated tiers, lottery allowlists, and many disappointed investors missing out.
Launchpads will often allow whale wallet holders to get enormous allotments that dump their shares immediately after launch or after a short vesting period. A massive dump of tokens creates tremendous selling pressure on the fledgling token, driving.
- 1.Are expensive to join.
- 2.Have overly complex tier systems, with the lowest tier getting few benefits.
- 3.Have no guaranteed allocation of IDO tokens.
- 4.Allocations can be minimal, as low as $5-20.
- 5.They have very few tokens minted for the retail investor.
- 6.Large 'whale' wallets take the majority of the share.
- 7.Many tokens experience a pump and dump and prolonged death from selling pressure.
- 8.Launchpad native tokens often fall in value after an IDO, costing holders money.
So what can be done about this?
There is a solution that benefits the retail investor, the project founders and the launchpad. GPool's groundbreaking approach returns the power and profits back to the investor community.
- 1.GPool works with projects from an early stage to secure a more significant allocation of tokens for its community.
- 2.Investors can buy into the GPool launchpad for a reasonable initial investment.
- 3.There are no complicated tiers, just ONE base tier that determines allocations of tokens.
- 4.Investors that join the allowlist are guaranteed a sizable allocation of pre-sale tokens.
- 5.Projects go to the fundraising stage only if the GPool community approves them.
- 6.There are no whale wallets to dump the price on launch.
- 7.We work with the projects to work out reasonable vesting periods.
- 8.The launch is as transparent as possible.
- 9.All GPool members have voting rights depending on their GPass and the number of tokens they hold.
- 10.We provide a staking platform open to all GPass holders.
- 11.We provide a regular stream of exciting projects presented for the communities consideration.
- 12.A cross-chain, interoperable, DAO-based platform that can launch projects from the entire cryptosphere.
- 13.We plan to build a highly successful launchpad that makes our native token sought-after and valuable addition to any investor portfolio.